The annual Top Employers for Working Families Special Awards are now open to entries from UK businesses of all sizes.
The awards celebrate employers that offer exceptional flexible, agile and family-friendly working practices. Winners in 2015 included Deloitte for its ‘Time Out’ extra leave initiative, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Special Unpaid Leave, and iFamily and Centrica’s carers’ network. Winning case studies are available to read.
In 2016 the Special Award categories are:
* Best for All Stages of Motherhood Award
* Best for All Stages of Fatherhood Award
* Carers UK Best for Carers and Eldercare Award
* The Innovation Award
* American Express Best Flexible Working Initiative Award
* Centrica Best for Line Manager Engagement Award
* Direct Line Group Best for Embedded Flexibility Award
* Best for Modern Families Award
* Best for Flexible Recruitment Award
Sarah Jackson, chief executive of Working Families, said employers are increasingly innovating in this area. “Shared parental leave and the right to request flexible working are now becoming embedded in workplaces and employers are developing exceptional policies and practices in the flexible and work-life field.”
Julian Foster, managing director at awards sponsor Computershare, added: “Excellent staff well-being is a universal characteristic of truly successful organisations: by enabling employees to live rounded family lives, employers themselves can benefit from a happier, healthier, loyal workforce that also helps improve the bottom line.”
For more information and to enter, visit the awards website. Closing date for entries is February 29, 2016.
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sunside/